Monday, May 5, 2008

New Blog, New Announcement



Ever have one of those ideas where you think it would be great if somebody did it, but you realize probably nobody ever will? I had one of those ideas earlier this year: produce a CD compilation of Christmas and holiday tracks by independent artists to raise money for Wayside Waifs, a local animal shelter in Kansas City, MO.

I see plenty of charity CDs raising money for toys for kids, feeding families at Christmas and such...CDs focusing on people. Now that's a good thing...I applaud and support those charity CDs! I have bought quite a few myself, in fact, glad to get new Christmas music and glad to know my money is going to a good cause.

And I know animal shelters have their own fund raisers at Christmas time, but I have yet to see anybody make a CD to sell to raise money for the charity.

So that's my announcement, what I've been working on so I wasn't able to complete the artwork for all of Deep, Crisp and Even. Instead of sitting around waiting for somebody to take on this project, I am donating my time, my efforts, my creativity to over see this project, and see it through all the way to completion, with the goal to raise money from the donations brought in from selling 1000 CDs and from online downloads.

The new blog I created is for the Wayside Waifs Charity CD. Please take a moment to check it out. While I am seeking the best of local Missouri and Kansas artists, I am open to submissions of tracks from all interested contributors from all over. In fact, I think it would be AWESOME if I could get contributors from other places outside of Missouri and Kansas. If you are an artist and your life has been touched by an animal, then please consider contributing a track.

Please visit the new blog and download the rules and guidelines and the release form for the project.

Since this is a charity CD, NOBODY will get paid for their work, I won't even keep any profits from the sale of the CDs at all. 100% of the proceeds will go to benefit Wayside Waifs.

I started sending out emails to local artists on Saturday and am happy to announce I have three artists interested in contributing! Please get the word out there! I want a full 80 minute CD! If I have to make it a two disc set, then that's a problem I welcome figuring out!

In the mean time, I also want you to know I will be back tomorrow posting a new theme for May's collection of Christmas songs: Christmas For the Outcasts, featuring some of my favorite Christmas songs that are so far off the beaten path that most of then NEVER appeared on any Christmas record! You won't find these tracks on compilations along side Bing and Frank, that's for sure!

No comments: