Friday, December 19, 2008

Songwriter's Christmas

Now here's something I wish I saw more Christmas music bloggers share: local radio programming. Now you know if you have stations left of the dial that are community supported and if they play local music or unique and interesting Christmas shows. And if you do, start recording them and sharing them! Because this is where some of the great grassroots Christmas music is being found.

So I am going to step out and post a Christmas special that aired on KKFI last night and hopefully inspire more to do the same. It featured a good number of local musicians performing Christmas music live, including Larry Garrett, who provided one of the tracks for the Wayside Waifs CD.

KKFI 90.1 Kansas City Local ShowCase 12-18-08 pt. 1
KKFI 90.1 Kansas City Local ShowCase 12-18-08 pt. 2

Now I am serious about wanting to see more of this stuff online. Streaming broadcasts and low bit podcast downloads are not very much fun. I recorded this off the air and saved it at 160 kbit MP3. If you know of radio programs of this nature in your area this coming week, then by all means please record it. Post it on your site, or contact me if you don't have a site and perhaps I can post your recordings here.

I hope you enjoy.

No comments: